Saturday, April 24, 2010

The Stormy Manipal

 The usual till 6 am sleep. Got up to know that I missed one of the most violent and stormy nights of Manipal.
Thunderstorm broke out earlier in the night when I was asleep. My window panes got automatically closed by the strong winds to leave me undisturbed, unperturbed. But, I missed some special moments as my friends called the whole episode.
Rightly so! While on my way of my college the devastation caused is before us to see. How Nature prevails in the end and how nature comes out to be the strongest in the end.

 Some friends on facebook posted videos of the storm and after viewing them, I could only curse my window panes.

Again, superb morning. Only one class. Assignment submission.

Coming back to the stormy night, it brought with it the much needed relief from the lethal heat of Manipal but at the same time caused some major destruction. The roof of the Sindhi Mess on a sky tour. Trees uprooted.

 Kamath Circle's huge Hoarding frame down to the ground. Streets blocked ... and what not...

Hope to see some more of them without a damage of that magnitude.

Had to speed post one letter. While on the way, tried a shortcut and paid the the price. Soiled my feet and clothes. But again, there is nothing comparable to such experience. I enjoyed it.
PEDD exam on Monday. Need to study hard this time.

Walked all the way to the post office and back to hostel. Have to see the doctor tomorrow for the MRI Analysis.
Catch you later....  Good Night!!!                                                                      


No comments:

Post a Comment